Monday, June 11, 2012

Feeling the Kidney Love!

Wow. I'm feeling the Kidney Love!
Last night, long time friends Julie, Amanda, Jodie and Danielle came over for dinner and girl talk. Jodie brought her simply adorable daughter Miss Darcy Parker (you must say her entire name because it is too darn cute!) and we had the best time. Even though we don't see each other as much as we used to - we can easily fall back into talking and laughing the night away. I had the most fun watching kitten videos with Darcy - she loved them as much as I do. {For reference, please check out "kittens inspired by kittens" on youtube. It makes my heart happy.}

My last Monday dialysis treatment was just like usual. Of course, the Chicken Sandwich girl sat next to me today. There is this girl - a young girl - that eats a chicken biscuit every time she is at dialysis and the sandwich stinks. It probably doesn't stink, its just an unexpected smell in a small space that is supposed to smell like bleach and clean.I don't know why they let her eat that every time - its awful. I've complained, but they don't do anything about it. But you know what? That is the LAST time I have to smell her smelly sandwich. Because only ONE MORE treatment for me! Yup - Wednesday's treatment is the last one before the transplant on Thursday. It feels so awesome to type that!

After dialysis, it was off to work - we had a full day of meetings and I had to leave early for one last doctor's appointment before the big day. The best part about today was happy hour - several of my work friends wanted to go to dinner and so we met at Houlihan's. Trish, the Caitlins, Steph and I stuffed ourselves with spinach dip and nachos and the awesome people at Houlihan's gave us some free desserts in celebration of my upcoming transplant. (We had told them we were celebrating my transplant!) The best part, however, was Trish's surprise - she made us "I kidney NY" shirts in celebration of my upcoming kidney coming from New York. The shirts are amazing and these girls, and everyone I work with for that matter, are amazing.

The days and hours are dwindling - only two more full days.

Is it possible to be incredibly nervous and incredibly excited at the same time. Because I'm pretty sure that is what I'm feeling!



Love and Kidneys,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment